In this blog post, I will show 12 common film shots that I took over the last week. Above is a sample of a Point-of-View Shot, which shows the scene from the perspective of a character. In this case, it shows the perspective of someone drinking from a water bottle. This shot is a choker, which is an extremely close shot that shows only the subject's face. Here, I have a long shot, in which the subject is shown from a distance so that the surroundings are also visible. Above is a pan shot. A pan shot shows the camera moving horizontally from a fixed point. Next, I have a high-angle shot, which shows the subjects from a perspective that is above them. This is a Head-On Shot, in which the action comes directly to the focus of the camera. In this case, my dog came running towards the camera and went from being completely out of view to taking up the entire frame in the span of three seconds. This video shows an establishing shot, which shows the setting from a di...
Review of Separate Camera Shots in the Television Series Magic for Humans This week I chose to comment on a couple shots from the television series Magic for Humans. I watched several movies and shows in order to really get a feel for the effect of different camera angles, but I didn't realize that it is not possible to take a screenshot while streaming via the Netflix app. After a couple of failed tries, I chose to do a shorter show so that I could really take the time to focus on the effects of those shots. I also chose to do a show that I was unfamiliar with so that I could record my initial reaction. This show, Magic for Humans , is a series in which Justin Willman, a magician, performs funny magic tricks. Here are some shots that I thoguht were very effective. First, the show begins with an introduction using a a series of cameo shots. While the man, Justin, describes what magic means to him and transitions to the next topic, the shots change from full ...
Comments
Post a Comment